IMPLANTOLOGY IN SIBIUUniversity Master in Oral Implantology, Rome
Specialization in Implanto-Prosthetics, Madrid
Competences in Implantology, Periodontology, Lasertherapy, Bucharest
STEPS OF TREATMENT PROSTHETIC REHABILITATION
Steps of treatment for dental implants
Step I - Preliminary consultation
- The patient is informed about all the details of the procedures and costs; we use dental implants from MIS (Medical Implant System) from Israel.
- there will be established a preliminary treatment plan
Step II - Radiography
- generally a panoramic radiography is enough.
- in special cases a computerized axial tomography (CAT) is required
- The surgical procedure for inserting the implants takes place under local anesthesia; it is a procedure not painful, and the post-surgical edema and pain are in general of low intensity.
Step III - Surgical intervention for inserting the implants
Step IV - Period of waiting for the osteointegration of the implants
- the average period of waiting is 3 month for the lower jaw and 4 month for the upper jaw;
- during this period there can be made a temporary prosthetis;
- may take place in Sibiu at the Dr. Ghise Sorin consulting office or at any other clinic specialized in implantology. The clinic will receive all necessary information;
- the final prothetic piece is made;
Step V - Prothetic step
Main possibilities of prosthetic rehabilitation on Dental Implants
- Crown on single implants
- Fixed, partial or total bridge on implants
- Overdenture: there are needed minimum two implants for the lower jaw (most suitable are four) and minimum four implants for the upper jaw (most suitable are six).
- Dental Implants with proshetic abutments
- Metall-ceramic total bridge on implants