We make a large range of fix, mobile and mobilized protection works, both for natural teeth and for implants using the newest materials and dental techniques.
A. FIX PROSTHESIS- it is represented by unitary crowns on teeth and implants, by partial or total dental bridges, on teeth or implants and by ceramic dental veneers.
- a) As types of material for fix bridges, the most accessible is the chrome alloy combined with composite veneers, by which we can obtain a good aesthetics and resistance at an advantageous price. But their disadvantage is that these composite veneers might change their color in time.
- b) The ceramic crowns (porcelain) on chrome alloy support are the most used in the present dentistry in our country. We can obtain in general very good aesthetic results and durable because the ceramic does not change color in time. There are though some allergy cases to some components of the chrome alloy or some marginal colorings can appear in time.
- c) The zirconium ceramics offers nowadays the best aesthetics results combined with a high resistance of the prosthetic crowns. Zirconium is a white, resistant metal and has a total compatibility with the oral cavity's tissues (free gingival side). So we obtain superior aesthetic effects to the ceramic crowns on chrome support and we avoid the risk of in time marginal coloring, of the unpleasant metallic taste and of certain allergies to the components of chrome alloy. During the manufacturing of zirconium support, the dental technician is assisted by a computer, this being used both for the design of the crown and for the its manufacturing (technology: CAD/CAM-Computer Assisted Design/Computer Assisted Manufacturing); in this way the adaption of the zirconium crowns is very good. By computer assisted design and computer assisted manufacturing , we also may make: full ceramic crowns, full ceramic veneers, full zirconia crowns, ceramic inlays and onlays.
- d) The ceramic veneers are thin porcelain pieces which are cemented only on the front, visible surface of the teeth and have a more and more important place in the dental cosmetics. There are two types of porcelain veneers.
- The classic ceramic veneers need previous grinding of the visible, vestibular (frontal) surface of the teeth and it is made on a large scale, in almost every dental technique laboratory.
- The non-prep ceramic veneers, without the grinding of teeth are very thin porcelain veneers (minimum thickness 0,3 mm), manufactured from a special type of ceramic, which can be cemented directly on the natural teeth of the patient or even on preexisting porcelain crowns. In this way we avoid unpleasant procedures such as anesthesia and teeth grinding. These are available in all the color range and for great aesthetic results we recommend a minimum number of 4 or 6 veneers. In this way we can obtain a definitive whitening of the teeth, their alignment or the closing of the possible existing spaces between the teeth. You need only two visits to the dentist's cabinet (both not painful): during the first visit the impression of the teeth is made and during the second visit the cementing of the veneers with special cement is made.
- B. Mobile and removable prosthesis- is represented by classic acrylic mobile prosthesis, by skeletal prosthesis and by removable prosthesis on dental implants.
- Skeletal prosthesis- is a prosthetic piece, which has in general two components: a fix component which is cemented on the remaining teeth of the patient and a mobile component which is a lot easier to bear than the classic acrylic mobile prosthesis.
- he removable prosthesis on implants ("overdenture")- is a type of prosthesis piece on implants, which is made, in general, in case of the patients whose bone does not allow the insertion of a sufficient number of implants for a fix bridge. However in some advanced bone resorption cases, by this type of prosthesis we can obtain superior aesthetic results even to fix bridges on implants. Ideally we need 4 implants for the inferior jaw and 6 implants for the superior jaw, which after 3-4 month from the insertion will be united by a bar with balls. In the interior of the prosthesis there are some plastic fasteners which assure a very good retention and stability.